my ricordia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbaier

Aquarium Advice Regular
I tried to get a pic, they are new, they are close to see through now, and i'm not sure how they're doing. Are they too close to the lights, i keep moving them lower, we just got new bulbs

2 96 watt power compact with the 03 actinic and 10000 k

46 gal bowfront, all parameters are normal, except we don't have a iodine test kit.

the polyps we got are doing great and already starting on another rock, and they are at the same level in the tank getting the same light.

Attachments

• ricordia_post.jpg
    ricordia_post.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 78
  • ricordia_post_135.jpg
    ricordia_post_135.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 83
The pics too blurry to guage their health. Best placement for Ric's is generally in the bottom ¼ of the tank. Like mushroom corals they need less light than most and prefer low water flow around them. The "see through" part sounds a bit concerning though. If the color has llightend up since you got it, most likely it's been too high up in the tank. Loss of zooxanthellae is more commonly associated with too much light. If possible move it to withing a few inch's of the substrate.

Iodine additions will not solve your problem. Although a few good water changes might help.

Cheers
Steve

Thank you so much, we actually thought the other ricodia died and just noticed it in the sand and it's beautiful, so we moved the others to the same amount of lighting.

Good to know that they don't like water flow, we had an extra powerhead because we thought that they liked waterflow!

Thanks for saving us!

Back
Top Bottom