I've been in this hobby for approx 10 months now. I was cleaning & rearranging some corals & I got close to the anemone & I got stung. Didn't think anything about it, rinsed my arm with hot water & alcohol. 5 hours later, around 2am in the morning I was in the ER with severe pain in my arm, fingers swollen, BP up. After intense research & phone calls made by the DR. to other DR.'s.....My Urine was collected & rubbed on my arm. It worked! MRI for headaches. Back to the ER on the 3rd day....IV pain meds given. I had to isolate myself from my family & go to a quiet dark & cold place & rub my arm with urine & take pain meds every 3 hrs.
Now I know I am severely allergic to bee stings.
2 weeks later the anemone disappeared.
Conclusion: if you are new to this hobby, you might want to go to your family Dr office & test for any allergies!