MY salt level is too high.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdefino

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just noticed that my refractor was off a little and the salt in my tank is about 1.25 -1.26. What's the best course to get it down? IS this dangerous to the fish?

Thanks

if you have a reef tank, I'd say keep it there. 1.025 is a ideal SG for corals. It won't hurt your fish.....and if it's a FO tank, then I would lower it just to keep your salt costs down.

It is not too high at all. I keep my reefs at 1.025. If you have a FO or FOWLR then you can keep it as low as 1.019. In fact, there may be some benefit to this...less money on salt and perhaps less paracitic infestation. If you decide to lower your SG it is of upmost importance that you do it VERY slowly. Shoot for 1 point every few days or even a week. Simply take out a little SW each time and replace it with FW.

In fact, there may be some benefit to this...less money on salt and perhaps less paracitic infestation.

Good idea, Lando! I think I will lower mine a little more....What about inverts in a FOWLR?

Back
Top Bottom