my salt level n my 10gallon tank is low

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonathan diego

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i had checked my salt level in my 10gallon tank and my salt level is low its 1.020 is it ok or should i had 4 dipps of salt in my tank???

jonathan diego said:
i had checked my salt level in my 10gallon tank and my salt level is low its 1.020 is it ok or should i had 4 dipps of salt in my tank???

Hi, you need to raise that. However, you CANNOT do it quickly. Also, dont add the salt directly to the tank. Maybe up About 2 gallons of water with the salinity at 22. Then the next day, a bit of water at 23. Keep going a bit per day/ever other day until you are at the desired salinity:)

how do do it

[so what i do is take 2 gallon of water out my tank and add water to my bucket and add salt to it and mix it and then add it to my tank??QUOTE=Gboy66;1982351]Hi, you need to raise that. However, you CANNOT do it quickly. Also, dont add the salt directly to the tank. Maybe up About 2 gallons of water with the salinity at 22. Then the next day, a bit of water at 23. Keep going a bit per day/ever other day until you are at the desired salinity:)[/QUOTE]

On a 10 gallon tank you would most likely only need to take a half gallon out at a time. This MUST BE done slowly over a few days or you can hurt your fish

so then what should i do

[idont hav any fish yet and should i take out about 3 gallon of water out of my tank QUOTE=Jlsardina;1982438]On a 10 gallon tank you would most likely only need to take a half gallon out at a time. This MUST BE done slowly over a few days or you can hurt your fish[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom