my tang is missing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jblitz99

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ive had a yellow tang for about nine months now and hes done great, today i cant find him anywhere, i know hes got to be dead somewhere but cant see it anywhere. checked the overflow checked the sump, checked the floor, behind rock everywhere. should i be concerned with finding him so he dosent fowl the water, i really dont want to go taking everything apart, will he be eaten? i have blue leg crabs, scarlet crabs, two cleaners, cucumber, and pepermint shrimp, (although i havent seen the pepermints in a while). I did add three green chromis' a few days ago im trying to tell myself this didnt lead to the disapearance of my tang, any help would be great. Thanks

yah im pretty bummed out about it, could the damsels have had anything to do with this, if so ill take them out and burn them with a lighter, guess i can go with a pbt now though.

They may have had something to do with it's disappearance. If it's been in there for 9 months and new fish were added...it could have stressed the fish enough to have succumb to an illness. In three daays time the illness could have killed the fish. You will never know for sure, there really isn't enough evidence to blame the chromis. I'm sorry for your loss.

I wouldnt burn the chromis' with a lighter. Id leavem in their and get the PBT. To you keep your tank temp over 80?

If you hatred grows to great for those chromis'. Remember, put the lighter down, and give them to Prater. LOL. Ill take em if you dont want em.

its around 82 constantly, the thing is with the tang i look at all my fish everyday, and he was just as fine yesterday as he always was, beats me man.

i was just kidding about burning the damsels but im just kind of mad at myself, i wanted some chromis' for a long time now but didnt want more damsels. but i broke down and bought some crappy 5$ fish now my tangs gone. :evil:

ok, thats cool. i traded velco half of my xenia for some zooanthid (sp?) today, there green with a brown center, instead of brown with a green center like my other ones, ive still got a but load of xenia, its starting to grow up my overflow. i also got 5 sps frags since the last time you were by. had them about two weeks now. there starting to form a base and get some color, youll have to come by and check them out.

found the tangs bones picked almost completely clean laying way under my rock, so now i know he wasnt abducted or anything , cant get him out guess hell stay where he is

Thanks for the update. It's amazing how fast a fish as large as a Y Tang can be consumed by our clean up crews. I too had a mysterious Y Tang death. I found him in the morning tho. Haven't replaced it yet, don't know if I will.

Mark

I say go with the PBT!! Dont know about you guys, but thats my favorite tang. I cant have one thought because it will kill my wives yellow tang. :agrue: :whip: :bawl: we fight over it, she crack the whip, and I cry. "I want a PBT!" she says "No, pbt for you buddy, cause that yellow tangs mine!!!"
LOL

PB's are a little tempramental (hard to keep) and prone to Ick. They get quite a bit larger than a Y Tang if I'm not mistaken (there's always a first time). I only have a 75. If I get a 125 or 150 in a year or two I may consider it tho.

Back
Top Bottom