My tang school

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I just ordered 7 hawaiian yellow tangs from my wholesaler 8O I hope this dosen't turn into a disaster.

125 FOWLR, 3 Yellow tangs, 1 Palani/Eyestripe tang, 3 orbiculate cardinals, 1 half black dwarf angel, 1 Gray angel, pair of Percula clowns, 3 BG chromis, pair of clarkii clowns, *then add 7 new yellow tangs*

I know what im doing here, and if it dosen't work I will just trade them in. Im getting them wholesale, so the LFS will pay what I payed for them anyways. By the way im also going to employ a cleaner wrasse, it seems ill have to, to make sure everyone stays ich free. I don't think a cleaner shrimp would be able to service each tang sucessfully, nor can I afford 5-10 cleaner shrimp. (Wholesaler dosen't carry them :( )

I get live macro from the local coast, and lagoon. No problem keeping them fat and healthy.

I know what im doing here, and if it dosen't work I will just trade them in. Im getting them wholesale, so the LFS will pay what I payed for them anyways.

heheh 9 tangs ??? i see ya having 5 tangs and the rest of the fish being killed by them in a months time !!! also ya know what ya doing huh?!?!? why would ya want to have to tear down a tank to catch them when it doesnt work ??? doesnt sound like a good plan to me !!

Have you ever tried it, or no of anyone who has?

Im assuming no, so it's funny how you can already predict what will happen. That would be 10 yellow tangs not 9.

I honestly don't know what will happen, and I assumed I would get a bash or two. Anyways if it works, I think I will have one interesting tank.

The 3 I have now are like 4-5" So there fairly small. I have no idea how big the new ones will be, but he said there good sized. I wouldn't expect anything over 6".

i know how aggressive they are and id bet ya $100.00 that the 3 ya have in the tank already are gonna light up the new tangs before they get out of the bag !!

I hope you are going to qt them first. Thats a pretty good batch of ich magnets, gotta figure at least a couple of them will bring it in. I would hate to see the whole tank crash with ich.
Good luck!! Gotta post some pick if it works!!! :)

Well when I added my palani tang they didn't bother him. He is also much larger so, I think as long as these guys are larger ill have no problem. Also the 3 are very unlikely to touch the new ones since there will be so many. If anything they will form two seperate schools. My palani is the only tang who claims a territory, its the rock where he sleeps. They 3 yellows always get along so them killing each other is very unlikely to happen IME so far. Banner fish would be cool, but im going with the tangs. No quarry shark, no QT, I will keep you updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom