my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
4x flasher wrasse, 2 clowns, watchman and pistol, 2 cleaners, 4 peppermint. foxface, scouter blenny, blue damsel, and firefish, im gonna get a few more fish not sure what kind yet tho. all the algea is the result of a bad judgement call. used tapwater, stupid move. resulted in hair algea and diatom outbreakl

Yup. Picked up half the rock and the aquarium and some other stuff for 250 bucks last year

Yeah. Still lots of room. I'm building a nicer stand for it. And a sump setup. Don't have everything I need yet. I want to get a tang but I don't care for the yellow one. What would you suggest. I don't want to have to worry about the ick problem. Is there a tang species that is more resistant. Or they all very susceptable

they are all pretty much susceptible. i like purple tangs, regals, powder browns, and i do like the powder blue, but those tend to be real mean and nasty after a while.

Yeah still not to sure. I really like the Achilles. But that's a big risk I think. I had a regal once but over medicated it. And it croaked.

i don't see too many achilles tangs doing well in closed systems. i had one and it didn't last too long in my 195.

That sucks, they are so nice looking, I will not get one tho, I won't put a fish on death ro. Might go with the white cheek

i have kept plenty of tangs and not used a UV sterilizer and didn't have many issues. just the achilles actually. the presence of a UV sterilizer wouldn't have helped.

Don't think so. I've herd many ppl say that they are beneficial when you have a tang. I wouldn,t want one otherwise. Kills to much good bacteria

quarantining the fish and treating the ich would be the only way to get rid of it. there is no bacteria in the water column, so the UV sterilizer isn't going to kill any bacteria. it's only going to kill whatever passes through it, and the odds of eradicating ich with a sterilizer is probably in the millions.

Back
Top Bottom