Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-03-2005, 07:21 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Civicman86
My tank is going downhill :(

Ok for starters it looks like my star fish fell off the glass and is messed up. He is like bubbling up and the end of his legs looks messed up. On his backside, not the side that sticks to the glass, his guts are like falling out. Only one small piece of his leg has fallen off. Im taking it that he is a goner. I have never lost so much life in one week. This sucks. Im just going to stick to my snails and black false perc. All parameters were in spec wheni checked a day ago.

Then on my toadstool there are like parasites crawing all over it. I thought they were bubbles and when i touched it they started moving. what the heck are they?

Old 09-03-2005, 07:32 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, the starfish is dieing. How long did you acclimate it? It can take days for the stress to show. Even with perfect params, a to quick acclimation can be deadly. Sorry for your loss.

The things on your toadstool, what color are they?

Old 09-03-2005, 07:45 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

In addition, I've learned that "within spec" can mean lots of things. What are the specific reading of your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, PH, and salinity?
HoopsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 03:37 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Civicman86
salinity 1.024, ph 8.2, amm 0, nitrate 0, nitrite inbetween 0 and .25

http://home.insightbb.com/~civicman86/FishSig.jpg
Pics and specs coming soon...
Civicman86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 09:40 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think you may have your nitrites and nitrates turned around? If not, any amount of nitrite can be toxic to your tank critters. I know we discussed the parasites on your leather but, I wanted to tell you, when using flatworm exit, you'll want to remove the worms as soon as possible to keep them from fouling your tank. You can do that using a piece of airline tubing to syphon them out. Also, have some water ready to do a good water change or two afterwards. Good luck.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:20 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

If like Fluff said your nitrites aren´t nitrates, then clearly that was the cause of such loss. Nitrites should always be at 0...

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com