My Tank: Your Thoughts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like you are off to agreat start. I would like to caution you on the carpet anemone...for long-term survival you will need a lighting upgrade. Simply not enough light right now. The fact that it's mouth is gapping is not a great sign.

Yeah, I was informed by one of my more reliable LFS guys to look forward to his passing. :( I'm currently shopping for a cheap MH unit.

As far as his mouth being open, its almost never open unless he's just been fed or in the process of deflating/inflating. However, I do notice a significant brightness change from his original color. When I originally got him he was more flourescent, less pink. I'm assuming this is health related... he's not a true "green" carpet, as those things are almost glowing green/yellow.

Unfortunate and cruel.. but, money is always limited. :(

When I originally got him he was more flourescent, less pink
this is a sysptom of too little light. See if you can bring it back to the LFS. You do not want this animal to meet it's demise in your tank. If an anemone dies in a tank it can relase toxins that will cause a total tank meltdown. Avoid this at all costs.

The tank looks very good but I would insist you keep those blinds closed. Sunlight from that window will give you algae and a big headache. Otherwise nice tank

lando said:
When I originally got him he was more flourescent, less pink
this is a sysptom of too little light. See if you can bring it back to the LFS. You do not want this animal to meet it's demise in your tank. If an anemone dies in a tank it can relase toxins that will cause a total tank meltdown. Avoid this at all costs.

Sadly, he was ordered online. I will need to call around to see who would take him from me... I might end up giving him to my step-dad as he has 4x the lighting I do; if he has room. Hopefully I can pick up a MH or two before he meets any of these possible outcomes. I'd love to keep him... tho my perculas haven't taken to him (possibly due to his ill nature).

As far as the blinds behind the tank -- those haven't been opened since the tank was placed there. I'm contemplating a back piece (mirror reflective or something) to get rid of the ambient glow that totally distorts my pictures.

Back
Top Bottom