My Things With Stings Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
been looking into add a couple of inverts, I know my options would be very very limited but from the internet it appears starfish and snails should be ok. do you think a conch and serpent stars would be ok? also anyone know much about them like how long they live?

Would I be able to put mushrooms in the tank before fish as my lfs won't be able to get my stock format be another 3 weeks?

So far ....

Would I be able to keep a yellow tang with a foxface or two foxfaces in the same tank?

Attachments

• image-3811941723.jpg
    image-3811941723.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 131
  • image-3708925641.jpg
    image-3708925641.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 160
  • image-2653641120.jpg
    image-2653641120.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 125
I would not add a Yellow a Tang to a. 90 g. Compatability-wise Tangs and Foxface should be fine. I would probably stick to one Foxface too .

Ok thanks also if I want o make a sand bed deeper there's no issues with just piling new sand on top in a refugium is there?

Also my lion seems to keep eating the algae flakes I put in for the foxface is that normal/ good for the lion?

its not necessarily bad, but lions arent herbivores. so feeding him a highly-nutritious meat-based diet would serve him best.

Yeah I'm feeding him meat too lol just since I've had him on frozen eats anything that goes in the tank lol

Lol even put an algae grazing thing in there earlier for the foxface and only the lion was try.into to eat it. Will the foxface be getting enough nutrients from just eating algae from round the tank?

I've read about an individual with a yellow tang that fought with a fox face. If you do add the tang, you should rearrange the decor a night prior to introduction.

Ok thanks, what about the foxface getting nutrients from the algae on live rock and sand? Or will he need to be eating flakes or nori or something too?

I assume short term it will be ok on the algae round tank though?

Do you see it picking and consuming algae? Does it appear to be removing it?
That question is hard to answer. Some fish just don't take to captivity very well, and never really "get it".
How healthy is the fish, and what do you mean by "short term"?
Have you tried any other prepared foods yet?

Yeah it's definitely eating the algae from round the tank It seems to spend all day cruising round picking at it. And I've tried flake which the lion is eating before ffoxface knows about it and I've got some grazing pad things but he just ignored it and carried on round the tank eating algae off sand and rock. He also seems to eat scraps from the lions meal which I'm feeding smelt at the moment

And by short term I mean until i can get it eating something else

If you can get it to eat meaty foods, that would be sufficient. If it's eating the lion's scraps, you are good.

Back
Top Bottom