My Things With Stings Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am looking at a v2 pure 50 ro unit. Anyone know anything about it or any brands that are better? Would ideally like one t hat can connect to tap as seen some connected to people's hose pipes?

Anyone have experience with a blue throat trigger? Would it be ok with lion? And is it reef safe? And does it move the rock much? Also what about copperband butterfly lfs was trying to push earlier but thought I'd ask here?

Usually most rodi units will come with connectors to hook up to your faucet. The blue throats are prob the most peaceful triggers you'll find (next to niger triggers) and usually they are reef safe. I'd stay away from the copperband butterfly , they are extremely hard to keep and aren't suited well for tank life

So they won't eat coral? I don't have any inverts or anything.

Anyone have experience with a blue throat trigger? Would it be ok with lion? And is it reef safe? And does it move the rock much? Also what about copperband butterfly lfs was trying to push earlier but thought I'd ask here?

My blue throated trigger lives in my reef and so far so good. He's been there about 9 months. He is VERY active, but hasn't harmed any corals. Easy to care for, but he needs room. Copperbands and all butterfly fish are on my do not collect list. Yes, it is possible to raise them, but not without much effort and expertise. These fish are beyond the average hobbiest for long term success. There are always exceptions to the rule, but in my book you haven't raised the fish successfully unless he gets a majority of his decades long life span.

Yeah I agree doe your blue throat move the rock much? Do they need to be in a pair? How often do they need feeding?

Yeah I agree doe your blue throat move the rock much? Do they need to be in a pair? How often do they need feeding?

All my rock is quite large, so no. He doesn't move anything. But they can for sure.
They do not need to be paired.
Feed as often as possible. I feed mine tiny portions at least once a day. They are messy eaters and will place a tax on your filtration system. This is not a fish I would recommend just feeding a few times a week.

But once a day will be fine? Read triggers need feeding 3 times a day? If I was away for a couple of weeks do you think every few days would get by? Not that I go away often just want to make sure as like to have things planned. Would it be likely to nip lions fins? Sorry for the questions and I really appreciate your help. I am debating one that was in a pair at my lfs and it partner died at the shop and I feel really sorry for it in little tank it's in

But once a day will be fine? Read triggers need feeding 3 times a day? If I was away for a couple of weeks do you think every few days would get by? Not that I go away often just want to make sure as like to have things planned. Would it be likely to nip lions fins? Sorry for the questions and I really appreciate your help. I am debating one that was in a pair at my lfs and it partner died at the shop and I feel really sorry for it in little tank it's in

I can only speak to mine, he doesn't nip anyone, even the sailfin that hates him. Sure he can go a few days without eating, but I don't recommend letting them go much longer than that. They are very active fish.

Yeah wouldn't be regular occurrence a year twice if I was lucky lol do you just feed plenty of frozen food?

So bigger things rather than krill and brine etc? Do they need food with shells or anything?

Thanks for your help trying to persuade the mrs for an early Xmas present ATM :)!

You won't be disappointed with a blue-throat (or a peaceful trigger in general.) I absolutely LOVE triggers and would have more, unfortunately they do tend to limit your other stocking options, at least when you are looking at triggers outside the blue throat

Yeah I love huma huma. I would love one but don't want it nipping at lion or damaging coral I intend to add

Lol! Yeah unfortunately the same with clown triggers suppose bright colours must be a warning. What triggers do you have?

I've kept several niger triggers and 2 picassos. The Nigers were consistent from fish to fish but the picassos seem to have slight persona variations . Won't be keeping picassos anymore due to their tendency to get aggressive as they age

If i bought the male and then added a female would they likely pair or just cause issues?

Back
Top Bottom