My toadstools has not opened in two days??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yip they are they can grow up to 46 inches across and can live up to 10 years and olderc i am tryinh to get my hands on a long tenacle toadstool if you have some clowns in your tank they might even host in it ..........

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Pinky77 said:
Yip they are they can grow up to 46 inches across and can live up to 10 years and olderc i am tryinh to get my hands on a long tenacle toadstool if you have some clowns in your tank they might even host in it ..........

It never quiet opened.. Just few tentacles came out.. Now it's shedding again... Is this normal? ... Also it's foot is rather small n seems wrinkled

Diablito

Is all your water perameters ok is it of colour have you moved it how long has it been closed up ...?

Pinky77 said:
Is all your water perameters ok is it of colour have you moved it how long has it been closed up ...?

Having an issue with phosphate which is two level above zero n my nitrate is 5 ppm. Everything is good.. I have not moved it. It's been closed for little over a week... But it has reshaped itself. Just no tentacles... N has good green color
Diablito

You need to keep the phos at zero are you useing rowaphos normanly toadstools are prety hardy it could be prolonged effect of high phosphate how long have you had high phos .....?

Pinky77 said:
You need to keep the phos at zero are you useing rowaphos normanly toadstools are prety hardy it could be prolonged effect of high phosphate how long have you had high phos .....?

I wasn't testing for phos as I was told Lfs that it wAs too early to worry about phos ??? I happened to test cause I was trying to find cause of why the toad n carpet have been acting weird. I just put in the rowa in the sump where there some strong water flow .. Is this the right place?

Diablito

Why to early how long is your tank runing ..yea it is perfect were you have it it more is better leave it for a week or so then take it out and agatait it it is meant to make it more absorbent what size is your tank ....

It was a generous gift from good friend who had in his home For 2 years ...It's a 220 gallon . I've had it set up since mid november .

Diablito

One thing you can do with leathers is take a big bowl of your tank water and throw in a cap or two of kent Iodine and take the leather out and set it in the bowl for 20 minutes and then return it to the tank. You can save the bowl of water and iodine and set him in there again in a few day, Then I would discard the water.

Did you have to put new water in i take it you did ....

Pinky77 said:
Did you have to put new water in i take it you did ....

Yes but that was after he was behaving this way... I do 10% water changes weekly to just keep up .. Will do 30% to try n bring to phosphate down..

Will do the iodine bath with him today .. To see if it helps ... What its suppose to do??? Thank you!!!

Diablito

Emelinda76 said:
Yes but that was after he was behaving this way... I do 10% water changes weekly to just keep up .. Will do 30% to try n bring to phosphate down..

Will do the iodine bath with him today .. To see if it helps ... What its suppose to do??? Thank you!!!

Diablito

I did the water change n the phos are still very high... Didn't go down one bit.. ;(

. I also put in the phos media in the sump to try bring them down... But I know I have to wait to see results ... I hope to see better results in fees days.

Should I do another water change?

Diablito

Emelinda76 said:

Diablito

I also did the iodine bath... Looks ok. Indo not see any of its tentacles yet

Diablito

Have you tested your water you use for PWC test it for phos it seems to me that if it aint droping after your PWC you might be adding more maybe with the water you use did you buy the rowaphos new normanly thats how you know when to change it out when the phosphate starts to rise.. doing to many water changes isnt good for your tank after all all the nutrieants is in the water and it wont give your livestock a chance to absorb what they need from it ......

You can do 30% water changes every day and your livestock will love it. All the essential elements are in the new salt mix. Between that, light and food the livestock get everything they need. The only stuff that remains in the water column is the bad stuff (nitrates, phosphates, etc.) that is removed by a pwc.

You don;t want to do a water change 30 minutes after feeding, but once the food is eaten, removing leftovers with a pwc can only help the tank.

The only real problem with too many pwc's is the cost of the salt.

I didnt realise that you are rite about cost lol ....

Back
Top Bottom