My toadstools has not opened in two days??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it sloughing off anything? slime? gunk? or is it just closed? Toadstools molt and it can sometimes take a few weeks before they're back to normal..and when they do get back to normal they're usually bigger and better

I believe it`s just sloughing but post some water test results so we can rule that out.

Everything Is zero except for nitrates which is one level above normal... Kh is 12 .. Ca is 500 n magnesium is at 1100 temp is 77 ..

Diablito

Mitchell0605 said:
My only thing there is calcium might be just a little high but if it's stable at 500 it should be fine.

Yes its been stable at 500 for 3 weeks

Diablito

Hi there did you move it to a different spot in the tank .........?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Pinky77 said:
Hi there did you move it to a different spot in the tank .........?

I did move it... But is was there for about two weeks n was doing just fine.. Should I move it?

Diablito

Reason im saying is that i moved mine it was doin fine and all of a sudden it went just like yours it did come back but it kept shrinking then eventully died im not saying it will happen just keep your eye on it i read on the web that they dont like being moved. I would maybe do a bit of research on them i would say when mine started to dye it started leaching poision's now dont take my word as gospel maybe the pros on this site can give us both a bit more info on the toadstool mushy .....

It happens. Mine closes up randomly and sometimes for a few days at a time. I've even seen it pinch up the top like a wine glass.

They are pretty hardy.

Back
Top Bottom