My water is never clear!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JuanArti

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ever since I added these new lights and powerheads there is always some kind of particles in my water! I've played with my powerheads, added foam incase of bubbles, added activated carbon but still no signs of it getting better... What can I do?

Ever since I added these new lights and powerheads there is always some kind of particles in my water! I've played with my powerheads, added foam incase of bubbles, added activated carbon but still no signs of it getting better... What can I do?
Like sand particles? Maybe your powerhead is pointing to much toward the sand? What kind of sand id you buy? Play sand?

I bought live sand from my LFS when I started my tank up. I haven't added any other type of sand. I've messed with my power heads a d nothing seams to work

JuanArti said:
Kind of.. Why?

Could be kicking up debris settling on the rocks. My water was like that and I had to aim my PH's towards the top. At water change time I would blast the rocks for a little while with the PH's and shoot the rocks with a turkey baster before starting the siphon.

I have a 1300 gph on my 55. Use to point it downwards and would always get the sand tornados on the bottom. Placed the ph in the middle facing straight/upward and my problems were solved.

I have 2 1050s in my tank. I have them on opposite sides. They're both pointing at the top or straight and still I'm getting a lot of sand..

JuanArti said:
I have 2 1050s in my tank. I have them on opposite sides. They're both pointing at the top or straight and still I'm getting a lot of sand..

I going to follow this as well I am having the same issue and its driving me crazy lol.

if there pointed at each other that will cause a whirlpool even if pointed upward

left side rear point this way >>>right side place in front pointed this way <<< so the streams don't cross causing whirlpool effect
I also have one dead center of tank facing forward V
V
V

Back
Top Bottom