mystery on my hands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I had earlier post about my duncan not opening but now there is a bigger mystery going on. My star polyp has also closed up and my snails are acting lethargic. My water parametrs are good
temp 78
sal 1.025
cal 400
alk 9.1
ph 8
mag 1275
nitrate .02
amm 0
What am I missing? My fish are doing fine but I'm afraid if I don't find the cause of this soon, I might begin to lose them. The strange thing is that I moved my star polyp to my 2 1/2 gallon tank and within a hour it started to open up. I use the same water for both tanks. I have a new chiller on my tank that I started to use about two weeks ago. Is it possible that it might be leeching something back into my tank? I need some help soon on this mystery

Why don't you try turning the chiller off, use some carbon for filtering and a big water change and see if it makes a difference.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Think that's what I will do. Already have carbon in my media basket. I am using reef crystals now but just got some red sea coral pro salt to try. How large of a water change can I do using a new salt? Don't want to shock fish

Don't panic. GSP is sensitive to flow. You might try redirecting or adding a power head to increase flow over the GSP.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Think that's what I will do. Already have carbon in my media basket. I am using reef crystals now but just got some red sea coral pro salt to try. How large of a water change can I do using a new salt? Don't want to shock fish

Don't know the size of your tank,just maybe do one with 10 percent more than you have been doing.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Can try turning off the chiller...is your alk always that level? No ups or downs? When soft corals and polyps act up I always look to alk.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom