mystery wrasse and 6 line not getting along

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

g0nz0

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
so i had a coupon for the lfs and decided to pick up a mystery wrasse, a fire shrimp and 2 cardinals. everyone is doing great except for the mystery wrasse. it is being chased around and harassed by the 6 line i have in there. now i thought these 2 were compatible, but i guess now. will the 6 line eventually leave the mystery alone or should i remove one of them now?
the 6 line has been in the tank close to a month now.

Hard to tell if they'll settle their differences, but you might want to cover that tank with something since wrasses are know to jump when chased. The six line if being defensive of his rockwork territory. The mystery wrasse hangs out in the same places.

the tank is 100 gal (60"L) with a 50 gal sump/refugium. right now i have egg crate covering the openings.

It`s hard for two wrasses to get along in one tank. What size tank is this?

i thought wrasses were mostly compatible with each other? are there any other wrasses that might be more compatible?

From what I understand the sixline comes with an attitude. They are the most aggressive.

go figure. anything i can do to cut down aggression? i take it i'll have an issue with any other wrasse i put in there unless i take the 6 line out (like i'll be able to catch him in the first place HA). well crap.

thanks for the help. any other comments/help would be very appreciated.

If you like wrasses and want more - or any other fish that hangs out in the rockwork, I'd return the sixline if it were me.

that's what i am beginning to think. what is the best way to catch them since they are so small and fast? feed and hopefully scoop it up while it is eating? fish trap? <-- never used one, not sure how helpful it would be with the 6 line.

Back
Top Bottom