Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-24-2006, 06:57 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

lol, I'm so intrigued with this idea I wanted to test it but wasn't game to try on my tank...so I jumped the fence and urinated in the neighbours pond. Is that wrong?

Old 02-24-2006, 09:16 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to DeathWarp
( Note by Katie) This was a fact that our boss at work (petsmart) told me. He just suddenly told me ,(when i told him I was getting impatient waiting for the tank to be ready to put stuff in it), to pee in my tank..i don't know if i would really be able to live in a house with pee in a tank :S Just the thought of that vapourating in the air *shudders*. Couldn't bring myself to place a fish or anything in something that was peed in..Just seems cruel.. not to mention just plain discusting.. But hey it's a fact we didnt' know right .. If we can call it a fact.

Katie

Old 02-24-2006, 05:12 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to tcarola154
One interesting fact that not a lot of people know... unless you have some sort of urinary tract infection, urine is completely sterile. So it definately wouldnt have any "beneficial bacteria" but the whole ammonia thing would work.

Its kinda funny when you think about the fact that everyone thinks urine is so dirty and nasty and its actually completely sterile... the issue is after it has left the body, it contains a lot of waste in which bacteria will thrive if given the chance.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:17 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

Cool. And here I was feeling guilty all these years about This portion of your post has been edited, it is in violation of the User Agreement. Further violations of the User Agreement could result in removal from our community. in the ocean...I was just feeding the reef...
Old 02-24-2006, 05:28 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to tcarola154
yea, I read some kind of article a little while ago written by one of the typical uninformed eco freaks... complaining about the cruising industry dumping however many lbs of human waste into the ocean each year. I just sat back and wondered how this person honestly thinks that it has some horrible effects on such an enormous ecosystem which, in theory will readily consume extra waste, that will slowly be absorbed through the food chain, and possibly help it as a whole. (bacteria eats poo, other stuff eats bacteria... and so on)
Old 02-24-2006, 07:34 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

People, please remember that altering a word to bypass the word filter is STILL a violation of the user agreement.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com