Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-18-2005, 02:48 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Name your fish

Just a chance for members to show and tell. What fish do you have and how big is your tank. Its time to brag....

90 gal sw
Wet/Dry w/ LR ruble
2x Maxi-Jet 1200 Power Head
PC Lighting
Remora pro skimmer
90 lbs LR
80 lbs of Carib Sea

Majestic Angel, Pink spotted gobie. Black percular clown, Coral Beauty, Lt. Tang, Mitratus B/F, Multicolor Dwarf Angelfish
sango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 03:26 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is my favorite part of having a salt-water tank!!! I love to talk about how cool it is!

We have an 85-gallon reef tank; it has a sump (20 gallons) and a protein skimmer. We have a UV filter, but only use it where there is a problem. We also have our QT tank, its 55 gallon and I am currently using it to cure live rock and stock some extra clurpa that went crazy in the main tank. We have the normal fish; green chromis dams, bumble bee snails, turbo snails, hermit crabs (red legged and some others for cleaning) and then we have the following:

Convict Blenny (Manson) – 5.5 inch, his coloration is really cool. He started out black and white like a normal convict blenny, but now he is yellow and black!

Peppermint Shrimp (Jacque) – He is still a baby. Yes, he is named after the shrimp on Nemo… I am so lame.

Sand Sifting Starfish (Gimpy) – He is missing one leg… hints his name!

My plant life consists of many different macro algae’s like Sailor Eyes, Scinaia complanata, Neomeris sp (aka, Caterpillar Weeds), Gracilaria curtissae (aka, Ruby Red Alga), Purple Corlline Algae, Caulerpa peltata, Caulerpa taxifolia and some other cool stuff that I cannot yet identify.

Green Zoos and Purple Mushrooms are my soft corals. I have no hard corals, yet. I had a bubble tip anemone, but I can’t find it now…

JPloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 04:10 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason

I am pretty pleased with where my tank is right now, so here we go:

its a small 37 gallon tank that will become a thriving reef over this next year. I already have some pretty sweet aquascaping but soon I will be adding another 20 lbs of rock which would give me a tall 60 lb. island in the center of the tank.

My 2 Ocellaris clowns are named Squish and Smudge, My Purple firefish is Trixie, (my fiancee named her that because she looks like a "lady of the evening" with heavy make-up.) My CBS is Jaques. (I love Pixar, I couldn't help it.) and my Electric Orange hermit is Ziggy. I just purchased a Coral Beauty Angel. He has no name yet.

I have had some problems and here they are:

1. Unidentified Bacteria spread like wildfire and I am still fighting the remainders of it.

2. I had 6 astera snails and all but one commited suicide (fell off of the glass and landed on their backs) within two weeks of purchase. I replaced them with a dozen Nassarius snails and I like those better.

3. For some reason I lost about a dozen tiny blue legged crabs. I now have about 3 left.
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 05:08 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 150rr with a 30ish gallon sump,protein skimmer,mag 18, 2 tunze 6100's with 7095 controler, roughly 300 pounds of lr, 5 inch dsb, 3 250 watt mh. 10000k, 440 watts of vho actinic, 2 4" ice cap fans, My corals consist of sps,lps,soft's,zoo's, polyp's, et. etc. Inverts--- 60ish hermits mostly small, 40ish snails, 5 emerald crabs,3 pep. shrimp, 1 cleaner shrimp, 1 cbs, several pistol shrimp, 1 sand sifter starfish, lots of small brittle stars, and a variety of hitchiker crabs. Fish list consists of the following,
1 med Blue tang= Blueboy
1 Yellow tang = Sunny
a mated pair of Sailfin blennys Called Spanky 1 and 2 because of their sexual behavior.
1 bio color dottyback
1 Anthias
1 Perc. clown
3 green chromis
4 Purple Chromis
150 rr Oceanic, 300 pound lr,250 pounds ls, lps's, polyp's,soft corals, sps's,
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com