Name your fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sango

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just a chance for members to show and tell. What fish do you have and how big is your tank. Its time to brag....

This is my favorite part of having a salt-water tank!!! I love to talk about how cool it is!

We have an 85-gallon reef tank; it has a sump (20 gallons) and a protein skimmer. We have a UV filter, but only use it where there is a problem. We also have our QT tank, its 55 gallon and I am currently using it to cure live rock and stock some extra clurpa that went crazy in the main tank. We have the normal fish; green chromis dams, bumble bee snails, turbo snails, hermit crabs (red legged and some others for cleaning) and then we have the following:

Convict Blenny (Manson) – 5.5 inch, his coloration is really cool. He started out black and white like a normal convict blenny, but now he is yellow and black!

Peppermint Shrimp (Jacque) – He is still a baby. Yes, he is named after the shrimp on Nemo… I am so lame.

Sand Sifting Starfish (Gimpy) – He is missing one leg… hints his name!

My plant life consists of many different macro algae’s like Sailor Eyes, Scinaia complanata, Neomeris sp (aka, Caterpillar Weeds), Gracilaria curtissae (aka, Ruby Red Alga), Purple Corlline Algae, Caulerpa peltata, Caulerpa taxifolia and some other cool stuff that I cannot yet identify.

Green Zoos and Purple Mushrooms are my soft corals. I have no hard corals, yet. I had a bubble tip anemone, but I can’t find it now…

Alrighty,

I am pretty pleased with where my tank is right now, so here we go:

its a small 37 gallon tank that will become a thriving reef over this next year. I already have some pretty sweet aquascaping but soon I will be adding another 20 lbs of rock which would give me a tall 60 lb. island in the center of the tank.

My 2 Ocellaris clowns are named Squish and Smudge, My Purple firefish is Trixie, (my fiancee named her that because she looks like a "lady of the evening" with heavy make-up.) My CBS is Jaques. (I love Pixar, I couldn't help it.) and my Electric Orange hermit is Ziggy. I just purchased a Coral Beauty Angel. He has no name yet.

I have had some problems and here they are:

1. Unidentified Bacteria spread like wildfire and I am still fighting the remainders of it.

2. I had 6 astera snails and all but one commited suicide (fell off of the glass and landed on their backs) within two weeks of purchase. I replaced them with a dozen Nassarius snails and I like those better.

3. For some reason I lost about a dozen tiny blue legged crabs. I now have about 3 left.

I have a 150rr with a 30ish gallon sump,protein skimmer,mag 18, 2 tunze 6100's with 7095 controler, roughly 300 pounds of lr, 5 inch dsb, 3 250 watt mh. 10000k, 440 watts of vho actinic, 2 4" ice cap fans, My corals consist of sps,lps,soft's,zoo's, polyp's, et. etc. Inverts--- 60ish hermits mostly small, 40ish snails, 5 emerald crabs,3 pep. shrimp, 1 cleaner shrimp, 1 cbs, several pistol shrimp, 1 sand sifter starfish, lots of small brittle stars, and a variety of hitchiker crabs. Fish list consists of the following,
1 med Blue tang= Blueboy
1 Yellow tang = Sunny
a mated pair of Sailfin blennys Called Spanky 1 and 2 because of their sexual behavior.
1 bio color dottyback
1 Anthias
1 Perc. clown
3 green chromis
4 Purple Chromis

Back
Top Bottom