nano CUC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey guys i was lookin for a CUC for my soon to be nano reef im confused alot of the cuc on liveaquaria are expensive what exatly do i need i was thinking a few nertite snails mabye a hermit? help please cuc for fw are alot easier lol

Small crabs, a few. Turbo snails, nerite snails, nassarius snails. ( don't know how to spell that ). And a peppermint shrimp. Snails depend on the fish. IMO it would be best to have more snails and less fish, or less snails and more fish.

For reference in my 14G I have 7 blue-leg hermits and 7 turbo snails.

But IMO from now on I'll be doing snails only for CUC so the hermits don't kill them.

I say get like 3 turbos, 3 ceriths, and probably 5 nassarius snails

+1 on the nerite snails.

I got my cuc from reefcleaners and they tend to way way over stock cuc based on tank size. I bought a crew for a 25g and got over 50 snails in my 55g now. It's really silly how many they give you.

Remember you want a mix of big and small.... Turbo snails are cool (love mine, I have three) but they are huge! And they can knock things over, so make sure your rocks Are stable. You need to have smaller cleaners to get into crannies here big guys can't go. Two of our best cleaners are our emerald crabs.. They eat all day long. Just watch them, as they grow they get opportunistic. In our 75 gallon DT and 30 gallon sump we have about 50+ snails, 8 hermit crabs, 3 or 4 shrimp, and 2 emerald crabs. Our tank stays pretty clean.

is there anythin cool i can get i like a few snails but something cool looking would be nice i plan on haveing 2 black clown gobys and a false perc

You can get extra empty shells to help that not happen, but it's still no guarantee they won't kill em anyway

They are a bit pricey. Go check out reefcleaners, you can make your own there too and they are cheap.

how long did you guys wait before you added shrimp into your tank?

Back
Top Bottom