Nano-Protein Skimmer. Thoughts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Devilishturtles

Aquarium Advice Addict
When I was in the market for a skimmer I had multiple sources tell me the smaller skimmers are very un-effective...no experience though

Honestly I can’t see a 6” high skimmer being that effective or it being able to create enough foam in that short distance to work properly. Considering how small nano-tanks are just doing pwc every couple of days should be all that’s needed. Still it’s only $30 so it might be worth it just for the water movement/aeration alone if it doesn’t work.

I will mail you (or anybody) a Seaclone 150 free of charge if you will pay shipping. The powerhead is worth at least $20. PM me.

I have one and it worked pretty well for about 3 or 4 months. Now the pump is not working. The collection cup is small but you can drain it to a bucket or jar or whatever. I need to get a new pump for it I think it helped some. Or do you guys have any other idea for a skimmer for a 10gal?

It will work, pretty cheap too. But honestly, your not going to need a 40 inch high skimmer or whatever for a 10 gallon. It's a good little thing that can be placed in the tank without disrupting everything and it does it's job.

flamingonhot said:
It will work, pretty cheap too. But honestly, your not going to need a 40 inch high skimmer or whatever for a 10 gallon. It's a good little thing that can be placed in the tank without disrupting everything and it does it's job.

Thanks, flamingonhot. So you've used this one, or one like it, before?

accorddude said:
Or do you guys have any other idea for a skimmer for a 10gal?

I have a Skilter 250 on my 10 gal, and if you upgrade the skimmer part and add a Coralife Limewood airstone it rocks, all kinds of black crap in my collection cup every few days....it works awsome! (y)

Plus I get super flow with the skilter!

Back
Top Bottom