Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-07-2005, 04:38 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
nano soft coral pack

Hi guys is there anyone that has seen that nano soft coral pack at liveaquaria.com. That sounds like a good deal to me.

never count on nothing, that way you'll never be disapointed!
morgan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 06:47 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
Send a message via AIM to born2chill
I bought corals from liveaquaria recently and I was pretty underwhelmed. They shipped me a toadstool that was necroding at the stalk and colony polyp rock that did not have many polyps at all and the polyps on there were still mostly closed a week after adding them to my aquarium. The candy cane coral I receivd from them is doing very well. On the upside, their customer service is excellent and they gave me absolutely no problems crediting my credit card for my losses. They also sent me a dead lawnmower blenny one time, which I was immediately credited for. From now on I will only buy corals if I can see the actual specimen I am receiving. Liveaquaria does have great customer service though, so I don't want to deter you from ordering from them but I prefer to buy corals from my lfs.

75 Gallon Seamless Bowfront Tank
Current USA Orbit 4x96 watt PC lighting w/ 3 moonlights
60 lbs. Premium Figi Live Rock
60 lbs aragonite sand
2 maxijet 1200 powerheads
Eheim 2026 Professional II Canister Filter
Aquac Remora Pro skimmer
300 watt heater
yellow tang, Large Blue Hippo Tang, Tomato clown, yellow watchman goby, royal gramma, 10 scarlet hermit crabs, 7 Mex. turbo snails,
2 peppermint shrimp, 10 nas. snails
large candy cane, supercolored zoos.

30 gal QT
2 penguin 200B HOT filters
150 watt heater
maxijet 600 ph
Bicolor Angel, Clown Tang
born2chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 08:49 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
none of lfs carry any corals at all around here just fish and it really sucks because there prices are twice that of liveaquaria.com. I ordered not to long ago from them and all of my zebra hermits died and one oc clownfish in the shipping and i emailed them right away and they gave me my credit. not one question asked so it wasn't that bad. I think im going to try some corals a little later.
never count on nothing, that way you'll never be disapointed!
morgan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:15 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
LA's customer service has been quite good. They've given me credits for animals that shipped wrong as well as the dead ones. The Sun coral that I got from them is magnificent and I can't say enough about my blenny Barney (pic in my gallery). That fish has more personality than half the people I know! I'm getting some more from them tomorrow. My last order shipped in fragments. This time I've asked for the whole order to be shipped together and it did.

I ordered some blue ricordia. Can't wait to get them!

As for the nano coral pack... I'd rather pick my own corals than get stuff that they pick for me. I'm fussy that way!

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 12:12 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm lucky that I live on the west coast and have several good LFS that has plenty of great corals and for decent prices. It just really sucks that it's hard to almost impossible for some people to get good quality livestock at a reasonable price localy.
Paintballs look like bubble gum
14G starphire,150W MH+32W act03,AquaClear 150 HOB filter, 75W EboJager, IceProbe chiller, Remora skimmer, closed loop SCWD mag5, auto toper-offer.
klam is offline   Reply With Quote

coral, nano, soft, soft coral

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com