Naso and striped bristle tooth tang compatable???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steo the great

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have a 4-5 inch naso tang in my tank a month or 2 now and was thinking of getting a bristle tooth tang. Will these two be ok together in the tank or will the attack each other?
I feed seaweed everyday and algae flakes every other day to keep them calm

Any help woe be great
Thanks.

What size tank. You might want to read the sick fish threads. Quite a few stories right now dealing with plural tangs in too small of tanks dying from ick. If your tangs are in a 240 L or 63 gal tank, expect ick.

Why does everywhere say seaweed and algae lower aggression.

And I have around 620liter 5 foot tank. So that should be just about right for them.

But are they compatable or will they fight and cause ich.

Why do they say here it lowers aggression??

Attachments

• image-3304605351.jpg
    image-3304605351.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 87
i would say they would be fine together but all fish have different temperaments so you would have to watch them and if one becomes aggressive put him on time out(put him in the sump for a month) after that all should be fine

i would say they would be fine together but all fish have different temperaments so you would have to watch them and if one becomes aggressive put him on time out(put him in the sump for a month) after that all should be fine

Thanks for the help there on that. It will be put in the bold corner if it acts up lol.thanks again.

Why do they say here it lowers aggression??
That's total nonsense. Food has nothing to do with territorial aggression. As a matter of fact, you may see heightened aggression when food is offered. Don't believe everything you read. Just because it's on the internet, doesn't mean it's true.

That's total nonsense. Food has nothing to do with territorial aggression. As a matter of fact, you may see heightened aggression when food is offered. Don't believe everything you read. Just because it's on the internet, doesn't mean it's true.

But would you think they will be ok together? Apart from the lies I've read?? Lol

Honestly, it's up to the actual fish. Some get along great, while others attack each other relentlessly. I have had seemingly "reef safe" tangs eat thousand dollar corals before my eyes, and known coral eaters be perfect angels.
That said, tangs do belong in large tanks with plenty of swimming/grazing room. In my experience, they have not done well in small tanks long term.
Some say different body types get along together, while I have seen it go either way.

Honestly, it's up to the actual fish. Some get along great, while others attack each other relentlessly. I have had seemingly "reef safe" tangs eat thousand dollar corals before my eyes, and known coral eaters be perfect angels.
That said, tangs do belong in large tanks with plenty of swimming/grazing room. In my experience, they have not done well in small tanks long term.
Some say different body types get along together, while I have seen it go either way.

And with 650 litres do you think that's suffice for them to live together. The naso I have is very placid but its just the new one coming in could upset everything?

Hopefully all goes well though.
Ill take on board everything you've said seem very knowledgable.

That's a pretty good sized tank......roughly 170 gallons or so? A good amount of places to hide, if need be?

I would think that they will be okay together in a tank that large. As Mr X said, it is often up to the fish that you get. Unfortunately, they don't read books and ultimately will do whatever they want. :)

Back
Top Bottom