Naso tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Attachments

• image-622635464.jpg
    image-622635464.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 158
  • image-2548528284.jpg
    image-2548528284.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 162
  • image-4181663606.jpg
    image-4181663606.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 153
how big is your tank... they are one huge fish when they start growing.. and judging by your pic thats probably closer to a small naso

Reason I asked for pic is because you said Nano tang and with selling points these days you never know what misleading name people may come up with lol. Naso's get fairly large and need nothing less than 180g for full size (about 15-18"), but don't have much of a growth rate compared to some of its bretheren. They tend to not be aggressive towards conspecifics and will school rather well when juvenile, ime. Feed seaweed at least 2-3 times weekly.

i remeber reading your other thread i believe his tank is 220 gallons.. if so the naso is a nice tang for you

Brad.Sedore said:
i remeber reading your other thread i believe his tank is 220 gallons.. if so the naso is a nice tang for you

Yes that is correct!!! Thanks

Any suggestions on the best seaweed to buy?

If you live near an Asian market you can get strips of nori for cheap in bulk. What's used to wrap sushi

PrettyFishies said:
If you live near an Asian market you can get strips of nori for cheap in bulk. What's used to wrap sushi

Cool.. You guys are on the money here.. I read into what is nori n found the same.. Thanks

Light stand: 72 inch Current USA 12x39W Lights: Current T5HO (2)-10kk True lumen T5HO (6)-12kk. Power white Current T5HO (4)-460nm Actinics 220 gallons custom tank

I love my naso she loves organic hearts of romaine..pellets..an mysis shrimp..they are grazers so the romaine works.good lets it.kinda pick at it all day..but her name is miss.piggy an she normally eats rather fast..

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110320_113452.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110320_113452.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 144
Ohh ya and people may say no on the hearts of romaine but the georgia aquarium and the shed aquarium feed tangs this and I have good.luck.with it. So give it a try nori makes a mess..

Public aquariums feed Romaine because it is inexpensive and they fortify other foods into the diets to balance nutritional deficiencies, not to mention it occupies the fish. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, but keep a varied diet for nutritional purposes.

So I woke up this am n found the naso dead ; ( .. What do u think happened?

Water parameters... Ammo & nitrates/ nitrites = zero... Phos 5 ppm... Ph: 8.2 water temp ; 77 ...kh: 11 .. ca:500 mag; 1250 ...

I acclimated it to the tank for close to an hour n seem fine just that he kept swimming towards the current of power head unlike the others who swim away from it... He was nt being picked on..

Light stand: 72 inch Current USA 12x39W Lights: Current T5HO (2)-10kk True lumen T5HO (6)-12kk. Power white Current T5HO (4)-460nm Actinics 220 gallons custom tank

Back
Top Bottom