Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-31-2004, 11:55 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Naso Tang

I have a Naso on hold at the fish store, just have to set up the QT with tank water from the main. It's actually for my son since he's really gotton into SW...so my tank now becomes a family tank instead of my tank . He doesn't know hes getting it yet, but just wanted to know if anyone has anything to say about them. I know they are reef safe so I am hoping he'll be a perfect fit in my tank.

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
clowninround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 01:29 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Nice addition IMO.

Old 11-01-2004, 09:04 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

very nice fish! great swimmers, fun to watch, non aggressive, plays well with other fish. Very nice addition.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:14 AM   #4
Sam
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
Have had one now for just about 1 year. Since that time she has doubled in size and is now about 7". Beautiful fish, sometimes shy, always very friendly. I have seen her swim into the middle of a fight just to break it up. Very active, so the tank you have should keep it as happy as a lark. does not bother any inhabitants. I also have cleaner shrimp and she allows herself to be cleaned (only when she thinks I am not looking though ) Voracious appetite. Feed lots of veggie matter. I use nori and vegi flakes a lot. Also loves the meaty foods. She basically eats anything I put in there with 'much gusto.' HTH

Me
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 11:54 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

great fish. Ive had mine for about 4 months, trust me, it will become your favorite fish in no time
Old 11-01-2004, 06:37 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well it's a girl! I think. It's still a baby, has the spots and everything. about 2 1/2-3 inches, how long will it be before I can tell for sure if it's a male or female? P.S. My son named her spot

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
clowninround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 12:44 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

I asked the guy at my LFS and he told me that not until they reach about 7in. dont know if its true but Im waiting see also ( mine is about 3 to 4 in. and still has the same shape tail from when I got it at 2 to 3)
Old 11-02-2004, 09:17 AM   #8
Sam
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
I don't think that the name spot will hold for too much longer. That was about the size of mine when I acquired her. as far as sexing the tang, I think that is not too easy to do, even with grown fish. I don't have the answer for you but it should not be a problem unless you wanted to start a Naso family I just call mine princess because she rules the tank, she may well be a he for all I know

Me
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
naso, tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com