Nassarius snail poop?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bioteacher

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just out of curiosity, is this one of my snails pooping on my glass, or is it laying eggs or something?

It is laying eggs if don't want them to be eaten I would take them out because the fish you may have in there will love them and eat them like we eat candy. Any fish you have in there that will eat any kinds of pods will eat them pretty fast. I have some anthias and they love them but yah it really looks like eggs.

So, they are at the base of my tank at the front glass. How do I get them out of there? Do I scape them off and suck them up with a turkey baster?

Well I hope I did that ok. Scraper baster got all of them out in one string. Now I guess I wait and see if my fuge ends up crawling with snails. How long does it take for hatch? Mature?

bioteacher said:
Well I hope I did that ok. Scraper baster got all of them out in one string. Now I guess I wait and see if my fuge ends up crawling with snails. How long does it take for hatch? Mature?

Not really shure because mine got eaten before they could mature. I don't know how long it takes to hatch ether because I never saw the eggs I just could see some little snails. I know how they look because my friend hade some eggs of a snail and raised them up and he hade so many hatch he sold a lot of them off.

I always had baby snails in the tank but they rarely made it to be adults. Something was always picking them off.

Starchar said:
I always had baby snails in the tank but they rarely made it to be adults. Something was always picking them off.

My anthias and trigger will eat them really fast like in three days of them hatching they will be all gone.

Back
Top Bottom