Nassas Strike Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zer0

is back to save the day!
So can anyone explain to me why they ate another feather duster? The one that was huge, and was doing perfectly fine? This time.. a whole bunch of them ganged up.. and tore it apart like the last one.. They were also going towards one of my crabs.. but he high tailed it out of there..

They didn't even eat it.. they tore it up.. then went for my crab.. and then when they couldn't get the crab.. they went back in to the sand.. like they never did anything.

I've also decided that when i change my tank, and i move everything over, which will probably be within the next two months or so, im going to fill a bucket up with ice cold freshwater and throw every single one in there. :D!! Happpy Snaillinng!!

lol, i have no clue? Are you sure you got the right kind of snails? Because that is predetory behavior. Sounds like you need a underwater jail because you have a gang a cerial killers.

just like my peppermint keep eating my snails and other thing except aiptisia.
rolf
sorry for the daster zero ><

Yeah, seriously. I'm starting to think bluezoo ripped the nassas out of their shells and replaced them with whelks..

Sorry about that match :/ Isn't it ironic how you get something so it will do one thing.. and then they wind up not even doing that one thing.. but then destroying your tank afterwards? I love it.

Are you 100% sure they are nassis? I have never seen them go after healthy animals (even the jumbos).

Yeap.. i ordered super tonga nassarius snails. It was funny watching my crab run away from them though lol. They could never catch him even if they tried. All of the fish were on the opposite side of the tank when they were eating my feather duster alive and it looked as though they were all watching it being eaten. It was pretty sad.

Well, in other news, i got all of the snails out and threw them in a bucket of freshwater filled up with ice cubes. Don't really care what anyone says, it was satisfying.

Yeah, these:

Tonga Nassarius Snail, Super Sand Snail - Nassarius spp.

And just a little note, i don't know about all the people that have these.. but i haven't seen them eat one single things besides the food i throw in the tank, and my feather dusters.. -_-

It says they are supposed to eat decaying matter, detritus, etc.. but mine never did.

Not to mention.. that everyone i have talked to that has them, says theirs don't climb on their rockwork, mine did.. they also say theirs don't leave a filthy slime trail behind them, mine did.. So idk whats going on here.

Yeah, these:

Tonga Nassarius Snail, Super Sand Snail - Nassarius spp.

And just a little note, i don't know about all the people that have these.. but i haven't seen them eat one single things besides the food i throw in the tank, and my feather dusters.. -_-

It says they are supposed to eat decaying matter, detritus, etc.. but mine never did.

Not to mention.. that everyone i have talked to that has them, says theirs don't climb on their rockwork, mine did.. they also say theirs don't leave a filthy slime trail behind them, mine did.. So idk whats going on here.

Those are HUGE compared to mine standard = 1/2" max size the ones you got get up to 1". I have 20-25 in my 55 gal tank and all is good. They don't even mess with the small dusters.

LOL. You're probably right..

Man.. this sucks.. If i wanted to kill every invert in my tank i would have just bought a freakin trigger.. -_-

Well, i think i would have brought them to my LFS for credit and let them kill everything in there tanks but that is just me. I think they sent you something else on accident that looked very similar. Because i could maybe see them having a different personality (a killing personality even though i think it is unlikely) but it would not change there anatomy such as the slime trail behind them, or there tendency to climb the rock work.

Well, i think i would have brought them to my LFS for credit and let them kill everything in there tanks but that is just me.

LOL! Yeah, that's kinda funny XD

But yeah, i don't have a clue what these little monsters where, but they are all dead now. In a bucket of freshwater sitting out in my trash can waiting for tuesday when the garbage gets nabbed. But oh well.. that's over with. :p

Back
Top Bottom