Natural SeaWater ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rockcrawler

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well I am prepared to get yelled at - So here goes

Does anyone use Real SeaWater from (gasp) 8O the ocean ?

I live on the west coast and have a boat, we have clean coastal water here (no this ain't San Pedro) I can go out in the boat as far as it takes to get really clean water.

Anyone with experience ?

Thanks,

8)

P.S. - by the way I also scooba dive and plan to go and get rocks and other critters and a small fish here and there.

Everyone makes So Pacific - Carribean reef tanks, How about California reef?

Am I nuts or what ? Go ahead I can take it . . . .

Thanks for the warning, these days we have to be concerned with dumb laws everywhere, However this is not one of those cases.

IT IS LEGAL in Calif. and probably most other coastal states. You may take anything for PERSONNAL USE except for protected species or in a marine preserve. If for personnal use you must simply have a Fishing License.

If you are going to take for commercial use you must buy a permit ($330) and the methods of taking are a little more restrictive. But it is still LEGAL.

The LFS doesn't want us to know this for obvious reasons. Natural seawater must have something going for it. As hard as it is to keep tank in balance, in nature there is much life even in our South Calif. polluted waters. I know it is not as simple as that but I don't give up easily.

I was wondering does anyone have experience doing this, are there any problems I might watch out for other than polluted environments. IF not I will keep everyone updated on my progress.

Thanks to all . . .

(now i gotta figure out how to "Bonsai" a kelp plant.

8)

LOL if i had a salt water tank and if this worked I would buy the water off ya : ) lol. would be cool to say this water is from the ocean. something natural about it. Its bound to be better then Riverside tap water : )

I'm sure there is someone on this board that uses seawater? I can't remember who though atm :(

Cheers Shelton.

Back
Top Bottom