Near disaster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clown Monarch

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Last night while feeding some flakes before bed I accidentally dropped the food canister into the tank. A large canister. I immediately grabbed as much as I could but it wasn't much and scrambled for a net - but it was too late. The tank was completely clouded with flakes. After an hour of pulling as much as I could out of the tank, I went to bed.

I cleaned the wet/dry tonight and the Fluval. All seems to be OK except for a general orange cloudiness, but I've got a 40g water change cooking for tomorrow. The skimmer produced 4 cups of skimmate OVERNIGHT last night.

Anyone else do anything equally buffoon-like?

Not yet here but I never place the food anywhere near the tank,just remove what is needed and place it in the tank but i see where it could happen very easily. Good Luck.

One morning when I woke up I noticed that my three year old daughter had dumped a whole can of food in my tank. Thank God it was my cichlid tank. Those guys are bulletproof!

Yup. Half a container of sinking pellet, the day after Christmas. It was a nightmare for a week. The pellet got under the rock and festered. I had ammo off the charts for a week until I pulled all of my rock out and did a 80% water change. It was a nightmare.

I hope you're luckier than that! Sounds like your skimmer was working overtime.

Back
Top Bottom