need a little help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dorian965

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was cleaning my filstar filter today and when i connected the hoses back up and turned the pummp on a but load stuff came out of the spray bar. Its some kind of build-up or film from inside the rubber tubing. i was just wondering what this junk was made of mostly. it is white and very thin. i mean a crap load of this junk came out. it completly littered my tank.i turned the filter and skimmer on high and tried to fish out as much a possible. i had to leave like 10 minutes after it happend but when i got home everything seems to be ok. havent run lots of test yet but nothings dead.

anyone? its some kind of build up but it not algae.i was thinking calcium but its not hard.

It's probably just debris from your live rock. At least that is what I always assumed it was. The same stuff you blow off your live rock to clean it, gathers in the tubing and filters.

it appeared to be a film. it was thin and white and came through in little sheets.as long as its not very bad for the tank.
is there anything you should do to clean your hoses? ive never read anything on hose maintenance before

Fluff said:
It's probably just debris from your live rock. At least that is what I always assumed it was. The same stuff you blow off your live rock to clean it, gathers in the tubing and filters.

Uh, Cindy, should I be cleaning my live rock? Never heard that before.

sdellin said:
Uh, Cindy, should I be cleaning my live rock? Never heard that before.

lol You don't have to, I do from time to time if debris builds up to bad. It's more for appearance sake than anything. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom