Need a POP out at ya fish... Cherub Pygmy Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Florida8

Aquarium Advice FINatic
We have scoured the LFS's today.. so much so I came home empty handed and I just wanted my shoes off.

Hubby wants a small yellow or hippo tang (tank is 29g LOLing!) soooo, needless to say, we didn't get one... although he argued a good point, "Well, look what they are in right now?! 1/2 gallon cubes Kimberly... and you think our tank won't make it happier!" lol... anyhow... I saw a Cherub Pygmy Angel, itty bitty thing....everything I have read says 10 and up are fine... if I only had this fish and the Green clown goby would that work? Are they coral munchers?

*Sigh*

Very aggressive. More likely to munch corals than some other angels. If you like those colors get a coral beauty. Better fish all the way around.

All angels are a risk. The flame and coral beauty are the less likely of the group. I currently have both in my tank without issue. Purple firefish have nice colors.

My Coral Beauty hasn't nipped at my corals yet (only though it's been 2 weeks) and hopefully it will stay that way. Beautiful fish with lots of colors only it might be the culprit whos been nipping at my maroon clown. Will see, but it is still a great fish!

My coral beauty (you saw him) hasnt munched on any of my corals. Great colors to look at, too. I like Jamie's theory about the size of the holding tank, LOL. I always think that, too.

angels are swimmers and i had a friend that had one in a 20 and it wasnt enough even for a pygmy. Just my suggestion

A local guy here that works at the LFS and does tank cleaning/maintenance/installs for a living swears the Atlantic Pygmy Angel (Centropyge argi) is the safest dwarf when it comes to corals. He says he has never had one nip. I was going to try one but my fish load is maxed.

just another .02 :)

Same here. I have a Pygmy Angel in my reef tank and he/she hasn't nipped at any of the corals nor is he/she agressive.

I don't know where this info comes from but I think the 2 doctors are wrong on this one.

Back
Top Bottom