need a swimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve r

Aquarium Advice FINatic
we are trying to decide on another fish for our 29g reef. i would like something that swims out in the open. our clown swims in the open but only one side of the tank and usual in the top third. and our green clown goby hangs out in the corals all the time.

any ideas? i was thinking a purple fire fish. i have also seen a couple of smaller reef safe wrasses like the filament and some flasher wrasses

thanks
steve r

Firefish red or purple would both suit you well, they're small, peaceful, and hover in the middle of your tank. I would suggest a pair of them as they tend to do better in pairs (if you think they can fit).

I like my six line wrasse.... they don't get too big and he's all over the tank all the time.

Not to object against a wrasse, but they tend to be a little more aggressive, and prefer larger tanks... your experience may differ.

Look into a purple firefish or a royal gramma. They both add some great color and have wonderful personalities.

I knew Lando would show up with the Gramma suggestion..lol
He just beat me to it. :)
Wanted to second the Royal Gramma, great fish.

Love my royal gramma....was a little agressive toward the others at first. Pretty interesting to watch something with a small body open it's mouth as big as it did. Anyway I will 3rd the royal gramma

My purple firefish will stay in the same little area for 80% of the day. Its my Clowns that swim like crazy.

(not that thats a bad thing, I wouldn't give up my purple firefish for anything.)

I like my gramma too.... good suggestion guys..... they're secretive at first but will come out more and more...

I also suggest the Royal Gramma. Mine was all over in the open once s/he warmed up to the tank and the color always gots lots of ohhhs and ahhhhs, just beautiful and great personality too...never got bored watching this guy :)

Kimberly

Back
Top Bottom