Need a tub for moving tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coel

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm likely moving in the next month, it's close but I have 2 tanks to move. I've seen pictures of the big Rubbermaid tubs in pictures, where do you get them?

Tractor supply or use food quality bags with the Walmart rubber made tubes.

Brute trash cans are safe to use. The Gray, White and Yellow are USDA Meat & Poultry Equipment Group Listed and assist in complying with HACCP guidelines and Certified to NSF Std. #2. You can get them just about anywhere.

Probably but you'll want to keep the water warm and a little movement. I would just get the tank set up ASAP.

Would this plastic be ok?

Attachments

• image-2064707005.jpg
    image-2064707005.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 71
  • image-1573865790.jpg
    image-1573865790.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 68
They bow pretty good when full of water. Might want to double them up, but yes, the plastic isn't going to hurt anything.

I was going to make a cheap 2x4 frame to support it about 3/4 of the way to the top. It's a lot cheaper then buying a 50g Rubbermaid pond or web a brute trash can. Do you think the frame will prevent the bowing?

Yeah, and you have a pretty big reef club up there. You should be able to get someone to take them if you don't want them.

I'm not sure I would use those. They aren't made for storing water, aren't NSF certified and can possibly leech stuff into your water. They may be fine, but I personally wouldn't take the chance.

Looks like I will be moving in the next 2 weeks so wish me luck. I think I will be trying the sterlite tub idea since they will be useful after I move water. Thanks mr x for the confirmation they are safe

Back
Top Bottom