Need advice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The sweeping powerheads have a tendency to clog and stop sweeping, attatching them to a wavemaker IMO will simply accelerate the slow down (hows that for an oxymoron). I would simply go with some Maxijet powerheads and the wavemaker.

I had two sweeper PH. one is now gutted and being used for a spray bar and the other is mixing my bukets of SW. Don't waste the money.
They kept jamming up and I just could'nt be bothered cleaning them.
I know use Hagan PH on my wavemaker.

wavemaker

Product is fine...we use them at the store. I would look around for pricing though...seems a little steep. This thing has three timed outlets that have a knob to control all three. Eg...at the fastest setting, two of the outlets will cycle back and forth for 20 seconds each. The third will cycle on/off every 40 seconds. You can increase or decrease the time on all three outlets and you will have approx the same ratio of on/off. Up to like three minutes I think.
Logan J

I might just wait, save up for a Red Sea wavemaker. They look real nice. Best price I found was 104 bucks. I think that was at Marine Depot. Know of a place that can do better?

I have heard bad things about using RIO powerheads and wavemakers.

This is just for your info.

ALso I back up what has been said bout the POWERsweep PH's.

I reviewed one in the Product Review area if you want to read that.

power sweeps

Yeah...ditto on what fishfreek said about the power sweeps. They are the neatest thing in the world for about a week. Then they quit. I have one...thinking about taking it to the range with me and using it as a 50 yard target :) .
Logan J

I am using the Wave Master from Red Sea and I have had no problems with it except a blown fuse inside. I had to special order it in from my LFS as he dosen't stock the fuses. I did start with the Rio PH and siezed everyone up on the wavemaker. I now run Hagans and have not had any problems with them on the wavemaker. I don't know if Hagans is the best but they stay real clean, minimal maintance (cleaning).

I wouldnt recommend a Rio powerhead or pump to anyone. IMHO they are junk! They will sieze up on you eventually even with out a wavemaker, heck, even if you clean them regularly. So if anyone owns some rios, sorry, but plan on buying some new powerheads soon. :soap:

I personally use maxi-jet powerheads. I have never had one go bad. They are affordable, dependable, and they perform. Nuff said!

Back
Top Bottom