Need advice of filter please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilraen

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, I haven't posted here in months, I'm the person that bought the ecosystem filtration and was having problems with it. Well, I'm still having problems with it. We waited all this time and saved money and bought a 6 stage RO system, well, the water still cloudy and yellowish on the ecosystem after follow manufacturer's direction to a T. The bottom line is that I want to buy a regular filter and forget about this ecosystem deal. I have a 55 Gal. tank and would like to be able to have basic corals and fish. What kind of filter would you guys recommend? I was thinking about a Fluval 404 (350 gal/hr), is this ok? I already have a seaclone skimmer. Thanks to all.

Many will tell you as will I a fluval is useless if you are doing a reef the only purpose I use it for is keeping it empty and using it pretty much as a big ph. The easiest filtration method would be live rock as your filter and upgraded your skimmer and a few ph. Something such as an AquaC Remora and 60lbs of live rock would give you all the filtration needed. Or you can go fancy and build or buy a sump/refugium

Back
Top Bottom