Need advice of test kits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sir Ottis

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have started my 1st salt water aquarium. It is 90 gal w/110 lbs of cured lr(relocated from a 5 yr old aquarium) and live sand. I monitored my chems for a few weeks before adding anything and my water did not cycle. My lfs said it might not due to amount and maturity of my lr. I have since added 1 Orange & White Ocellaris, 1 Black & White Ocellaris, and 1 blue linckia.

I had some detritus break out and picked up some turbos, blue-legg hermits, and some nafarius to work on it. The turbos are plowing through it really well.

I have been using dip sticks for my chem test and have found they are not as acurate as I would be comfortable with. What "master kit" would any of you recommend?

I have ordered a refractometer because my hygrometer is always off from my lfs tests.

Thanks for your help.

I use API for the basics and seachem for other tests like Ca, Iodine.

I've always used Salifert, but some of the kits are virtually impossible to get now. I just picked up Sera kits for ca and alk. They seem to be pretty close to the results I get with the Salifert kits....and are much cheaper.

I've always used Salifert, but some of the kits are virtually impossible to get now. I just picked up Sera kits for ca and alk. They seem to be pretty close to the results I get with the Salifert kits....and are much cheaper.

Same here. Right down to not being able to get the Ca/Alk salifert kits with my last order hehe.

I also use Salifert almost exclusively. I had a bit of problem last time but ended up finding a store that had them in stock. They seem to be in stock again but the prices are higher...."Note: Due to the recent rise of the Euro against the Dollar, our costs for obtaining Salifert products has been greatly increased. ..."

Online. I got mine from a place in Toms River, but the Drs. and Marine Depot seem to have them in stock again.

Back
Top Bottom