Need advice on reef breeders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h20_addict

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Currently have a standard 75 mixed with lots of lps and sps under a 6 bb nova fixture with ati bulbs.
Looking to change to either to 16" value fixtures or one photon 32.
Iv heard if I use the 32 the five" on each end are a softy only zone.
I want to hear pros and cons on each

I have a 75 mixed reef two rb led value fixtures. Works great looks great plenty of coverage with two.there 8" above the water and run at 50 blue 40 white sps top and mid Lps mid and sandbed and chalices and such fine there happy spot by keeping a eye on them.

I have a 75 I just switched to the equivalent of the Photon 32. On the extreme right bottom I have a deresa clam who is doing well and some green monti cap towards the top which actually started bleaching when I switched. Lights are peaking at 60%. Bottom left I have some scans, candy cane and favia (I think) doing well. I haven't tried SPS there yet. I have my acros towards the middle.

Thanks for the advice, and straight from evergrow or a u.s. distributor is the way I was planning to order anyway.
Its hard to beat two 16" fixtures for $247 shipped.
Do the controllable features on the 32 warrant the extra money is my question.

My.next question is can I still use my glass tops or do.I.need to good to a mesh or screen top

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I imagine you'll get better coverage with the two value fixtures, but I liked being able to program the fixture for a sunrise and sunset effect and I figured one fixture would be easier to install than two.

I prefer the screen top over glass. IME, the glass tops will eventually get a haze to them from the minerals in the water and begin to block some light. Glass tops are also generally thought to interfere with gas exchange.

Last edited:
I completely agree, sunrise/sunset and being able to ramp intensity up and down throughout the day seem to be fairly valuable features.

And my glass lids already do that so they get soaked and cleaned fairly often already. But I do want to get the most out of my lighting so I may make a screen top

The ramping of intensity isn't Beneficial at all?

Good to know, seems like if I go with two 16" fixtures the corals,my wallet and the wife will all be happier..

Right. Photosynthetic creatures only need X amount of light for X amount of time. They don't care if it's straight on off or fading in and out.

Mr x, have any current links for evergrow fixtures.
Looking to make the purchase now and they seem.to have gone up in price

Thanks x, leaning towards a pait of the 165w, any links on the 32" or 48" fixtures?

Exact opposite, id like the 32" fixture but don't want to pay for the r.b. name,

you can try searching alibaba, if you can't find it on ebay. Most of the fixtures you see originate from there.

Back
Top Bottom