Need an air pump for my new skimmer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm in the process of building this skimmer but have no idea what air pumps are good or what to use that woudl be decently cheap. Here is the skimmer plan.

Skimmer

BTW, I have an extra one sitting around, here is what is looks like Air Pump

Man, I looked at that, and decided I was glad I bought my skimmer. I'm pretty handy and all, but that didn't look fun.

It actually is much easier than it looks. The PVC and all the fitting were a little over $40 at home depot. I'm going to take some pictures and explain it a little more once I get it done(hopefully tonight) :D

The dolphin 3 star is a good pump so is the Aqua MEdic mistral pump. I have both in stock if you need them.

I'm in the process of building this skimmer but have no idea what air pumps are good or what to use that woudl be decently cheap. Here is the skimmer plan.

Skimmer
Let me know how it goes as I have been thinking about doing this myself to try and save the costs..

James

captivereefs said:
Why not use a maxi jet 1200 with a venturi. THey work awesome!

How would this work? I actually just purchased a venturi kit for one of my maxi jet 1200's the onther day, I'm going to hook it up to my sos skimmer box to pull the air bubbles out of it? I'm trying to keep this around $20 if possible, would rather not buy a $40+ air pump

Back
Top Bottom