Need expert help on water condition, not getting better.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gotflames

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 100 gallon tank that is 2 years old. I added too many corals at one time 8 months ago and almost lost a bunch of the tank livestock. I have done 1-2 water changes every other month since then and I still am getting brown algae blooms on the sand and the glass within one week of cleaning the tank walls ( SOME OF IT SHEETS OFF IN BROWN SKIN AND STINKS AND SOME OF IT IS LIKE A POWDER. IS THIS GOOD FOR THE TANK OR BAD?. I have a nice protein skimmer that fills up every 2-5 days with nasty waste and I have plenty of flow in the tank. I have tried carbon pellets for 2-4 days at a time once a month also. What do I need to do to stop getting the brown algae blooms on the sand and the glass every week?

Also, once I get this whipped, what recommenmdations would you make to get/keep my water crystal clear and in the best possible condition?

Thanks, zach
tzhill@bellsouth.net

Please refer to your thread in the General fourm for replies. Please refrane from posting the same questions in different forums.

Back
Top Bottom