Need fish to keep cycle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JonathanG

Aquarium Advice Activist
Would a tank without any fish and only coral be able to sustain enough bb to keep the tank cycled?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If I were to have a frag tank, so a system with only corals in it, I would not be feeding anything. I would have a light that can support anything photosynthetic and leave it at that, only doing water changes to bring back essential elements like calcium. Now, if someone was to throw a wrasse in there to go after parasites it would be the only fish in the system and require pretty minimal feeding.

The question is are you turning it into a running tank with fish ect eventually?

90 gal reef

I've been asked about putting a tank in at a business, they saw my tank at work and want something similar in their lobby. Something low maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If I were to have a frag tank, so a system with only corals in it, I would not be feeding anything. I would have a light that can support anything photosynthetic and leave it at that, only doing water changes to bring back essential elements like calcium. Now, if someone was to throw a wrasse in there to go after parasites it would be the only fish in the system and require pretty minimal feeding.
How would you keep the BB alive?

Back
Top Bottom