Need Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

craig marine

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi i bought this coral yestrerday for £40 and it was fine the white parts in the coral in the picture were originally green untill i woke up today and it was white. I then put my hand in and shook the coral to see if it would come off but then a brown string type thing came out off it and all the green parts came off and where the green parts were all closed up .

WHAT SHOULD I DO ? Is it Dead? And what is the name of this coral?

craig marine said:
Hi i bought this coral yestrerday for £40 and it was fine the white parts in the coral in the picture were originally green untill i woke up today and it was white. I then put my hand in and shook the coral to see if it would come off but then a brown string type thing came out off it and all the green parts came off and where the green parts were all closed up .

WHAT SHOULD I DO ? Is it Dead? And what is the name of this coral?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/022shc.jpg/

Looks like capts making his rounds.. it is dead.. no it wont grow back.. question is what are ur water parameters.. I take it u just bought it and it was healthy then.. your best bet is to find out why and go from there...

hi guys i took it up to the marine shop i got it from and i think my temperature was a bit hotter than it should of being but the guy is going to give me a different coral for free

and the guy said it has been in his friends tank and the fish shop guys tank and then my tank

and the salt level was a bitlow so i have checked everything and now it is perfect

Take a water sample to the local fish store and ask then to test it, many do it for free. They will give you advice, but don't forget to report back with the numbers. Clearly there is something amiss.

Back
Top Bottom