Need help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tmyboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Long short is I bought a bunch of frags off mr.coral.com and it just arrived. They threw all the frags in individual bags and then put it in one big bag like idiots! 1 little heat pack so the package is freezing!

Any chance the frags will live?!?!

So pissed right now.....

Yes, there's a chance. Float the bags for 20-30 minutes to equalize temperatures. I've had good experience by acclimating stony corals on temperature alone. You may need to start them on the bottom of the tank with lights out and move them into position over a couple of days to avoid shocking them with brighter lights.

Rutrag said:
Yes, there's a chance. Float the bags for 20-30 minutes to equalize temperatures. I've had good experience by acclimating stony corals on temperature alone. You may need to start them on the bottom of the tank with lights out and move them into position over a couple of days to avoid shocking them with brighter lights.

Thx for the feedback rut. I can acclimate them by floating bags like usual but I'm worried about the super low temp! Any chance theyll survive that low temp?

It won't hurt to try. Were the corals backed in a styrofoam box or just cardboard?

They had a foam back.

I'm really really upset that they would be this careless with a living thing. They are all in their own bags but all smashed together in one big bag. Some of the pcs are off the plugs. It's very ugly.

If they don't make this right, I will be stopping the payment on my cc.

Bottom line.... Mr.coral.com is garbage. He's blaming ups of course as I'm sure is the automatic response instead manning up and admitting he did a crap job packing.

Ups didn't open the box and only put 1 tiny little warner in the box for 18 frags. Just garbage.

Buyer Beware.

Sniperhank said:
If you reenter the wonderful world of online frag shopping, saltwaterfish.com is great. Hope your new stock pulls through.

I'll give it another go. Can't judge them all from 1 experience!! I just had to rant a bit because it was my first online order and was very disappointed. I'll give Ur place a shot. Thanks sniper!

Yeah. I have 3 orders that came from saltwaterfish and 2 from reefs2go. I can't even say i lean towards saltwaterfish...it is hands down, bigger frags, fish...so on.

Back
Top Bottom