Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have whitish dots on the back of my tank where they hang out at. I thought those dots were baby snails egg. Every now m then then I'll c a tiny white snail moving across the glass. Am I wrong saying that they r snails? Or r they clown eggs?

Old 03-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

White dots could be many things, mine I believe we're Chromis eggs. I hope they are clown eggs, good luck!

Old 03-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

So the clowns are just swimming at the top middle of the back of the tank. I haven't seen them explore at all. Should I be concerned or are they just adjusting
Old 03-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would think they're fine, clowns aren't very exploratory anyway IM0. As long as your water parameters are all good. I would just keep an eye on them for any obvious signs of a problem.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I have just taken my tank apart to get a blue damsel out that was slowly killing residents. He's gone now and I feel sane once more. My clowns are now stress free. Knew I shouldn't have bought anything with devil in its name.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:45 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

So my crazy clowns are still swimming as close to the top that possibly can. No sign of gasping. I was reading on the web that sometimes they could do this for up to a month till they get comfortable. Anyone else experience this. Really freaky last night when they tried to sleep on their sides at the surface. I check all parameter (salinity, pH, nitrate, nitrite, phos) and everything checks out.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:07 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

I once had a Goldband maroon that did that for about a month, he was fine other than his behavior. I just kinda thought maybe he wasn't playin with a full deck and traded him for a Clarkii. I just couldn't stand to see him doing it anymore!
Not that this may be your case, but I've experienced it too. Don't watch them too long, it will make you dizzy! Lol
Old 03-13-2012, 12:26 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

Each fish is different. Lionfish are suppose to be 'shy' and hang out in the rocks and not really free swim. My crazy lionfish is very very active and LOVES attention. He is always swimming around the top of the tank looking for food. The only time he hangs out on the rocks is when he is sleeping (he sleeps upside down like a bat). My Foxface Lo is very friendly and minds its own business. While my magnificent foxface has to be kept in my predictor tank because it kills any docile fish.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Activist

So it's been almost 2 weeks and the clowns are still just hovering along the back wall at the top of the tank. They are eating well and are still not showing any signs of stress (no gasping for air and what not) I know clowns are "funny", but call me crazy but I like to see fish swimming around my tank not floating at the top
Old 03-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Not saying that my tank or fish are anything like yours but since I re homed my damsel the tank is now producing an aura of calm and the clowns can now come down from the surface and sleep in the zoas (they couldn't before) that they have now become so fond of without being harassed. I too feel calm once more.

Tags
aggresive, damsel

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com