Need help chosing a good reef light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katfish22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I currently have a 36 gallon reef tank. I have a few hard corals but mostly have zoas polyps. Currently we have a t5 high output light on the tank which seems to be working good but I want a light with a night setting because it really brings out the corals colors. But I also want to make sure the corals are still going to be able to get good lighting throughout the day. I found what seems to be a good light from Petco but was wondering if anyone has any idea of a nice light

Keep the one you have and get led blue light strip at hone depot or amazon

Do you think a t5 high output is better then LED lighting

And what you are trying to achieve with this fixture.
What will you be keeping in this tank?
What options do you want your fixture to have?

1. i want the power of the sun in a 1 inch thick modern fixture.
2. kraken.... maybe a Loche ness or 2
3. everything.

theres my list for the perfect led fixture. :)

Interesting. You want the "Ionic plasma beam sun power 5000". the trouble is, you will need to borrow a time machine to go get it.

Kraken Police here...they need a minimum of a million gallon aquarium and about a 1000 acre play area. That's for a baby one, you will have to upgrade when it gets bigger. Or "release the kraken." Liveaquaria showed this adult one and said it was "difficult" but easy to feed. That was the difficult part, it eats it's owners. And the UPS guy that shipped him. Does not get along with tangs.

Attachments

• image-194468146.jpg
    image-194468146.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Too bad I have a tang........ I'll just have to keep it at my mother in laws house.

Back to topic there is a thread kicking around that will tell you all you need to know about lighting, " lighting your reef, best bang for your buck. ". Its almost sticky worthy

Okay what we decided to do was just to keep the same light and we bought a marineland night setting led light that is submersible and we just added it to the tank. Thanks!

ive been wanting to run the daylight hidden marineland leds on my 72g tank. just havent gotten around to it yet.

Kraken Police here...they need a minimum of a million gallon aquarium and about a 1000 acre play area. That's for a baby one, you will have to upgrade when it gets bigger. Or "release the kraken." Liveaquaria showed this adult one and said it was "difficult" but easy to feed. That was the difficult part, it eats it's owners. And the UPS guy that shipped him. Does not get along with tangs.
A lizard-like creature with nipples. Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom