Need Help! ebay RO system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NewInTown

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm trying to kill the phosphates once and for all!

I would like to get an RO system that I can keep under my sink.

Is this a good one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20684&item=4375696039&rd=1

what do you guys think?

please I need help. I have zero experience with ro systems and what
makes them good or bad.

the only reason I'm getting an ro is to get rid of the phosphate.
outher than that my water is AAA

will this system work?

Well that one does look like a great deal. Many people on here get one off of ebay and that may be it. I'm sure they will chime in soon.

I think they have some for like $69 plus $20-30 shipping so I bet it would be $100 total.

I guess I dont know how many stages I need?
do I need the water tank? and 6 stages how many gpd should I shoot for

That's up to you. What size tank do you have? I didn't purchase the storage tank but I also didn't hook mine up under the sink. I have mine filtering water into a mixing tub. I use alot of water so the 100gpd works well for me.

I have a 58 and a 30. is the extra filtering worth it? the thing I dont understand is
it filters the tap water and then what? does it store it in the tank? does it know when to stop filtering when the tank is full? thanks for the help guys Im lost

Well, I would imagine, it would be just stop when the tank is full. I don't have a tank but, it would make sense that it would. Yes, the extra filtration is worth it. Expecially for reef tanks.

Ok this is what I would like to do. can I put the ro/dy under the sink and have it fill
the drinking tank and my aquarium at the same time?

I have the same model as fluff does and I highly recommend it....never have used the one your looking at so i cant say either way

if you have a question as to what the specific unit can do, why not email the seller?

Check out filterdirect or Aquasafe Canada. Both have good units. Most of the 6 stage units are really only 5 stage. The 6th stage is a carbon filter for taste. Not needed for the fish but good for drinking.

I would think you could fill the tank and then put a separate valve in before the 6th stage to fill a container for the tank when needed.

That is the exact unit I bought for my 90gal. I would recommend it. It is pretty easy to install. I have about 15 gal jugs laying around that I fill up to keep water on hand. My experience is that this unit takes about 2 hours to fill the tank and the tank will hold just less than 3 gals at a time. You must plan ahead for water changes, but for the price and convenience I would say buy it.

Just a note for drinking RO/DI water, dont use it as your only source of water, as it is so soft (like no minerals at all) it has a high tendency to rid your body of nutrients.

Also, if you do drink ro/di water make it fresh water, dont let it sit out for too long as it absorbs CO2 quite readily and will turn the water acidic, which will slowly build up in your body, I have a report from some doctor that I found....

http://watershed.net/purified.htm

there it is...

Is this the same doctor that said that having a cup of coffee a day and 2 cigarettes can prevent cancer? :lol:

SJS

Back
Top Bottom