Need help on how to "reboot" Live Rock (majano infestation)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

illuminum

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I've been dealing with Majano for years and have tried just about everything (picking off from the base, treating LR in a separate tank, Joe's Juice, Aptasia-X, vinegar, lemon juice, peppermint shrimp) and they keep coming back. They decimated all but two of my coral and I'm just about to give up alltogether.

My next step is to try and just kill my live rock all together and more or less start my tank over. So, what's a good way to do this? Remove and put it in a bleach solution? Let the rock just sit out to dry? Something else? Any help would be appreciated...

9j38D.jpg

Not sure if you tried this yet, but take a large syringe full of boiling water and blast the majano. Easy to do, just boil water on the stove. I've used the 10 ml type from the pharmacy, and if possible do it with the rock out of the water. It should turn them white / clear and make the disappear and not come back. Works great on almost anything else too.

Back
Top Bottom