need help picking fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honeysuckle11

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone i have a 30 gallon salt water tank running and have 2 clown fish in it. Plus 26 pounds of live rock that has brown algea on it. tanks been running for 3 weeks almost. i want to do small clean up crew like couple snail and shrimp. what aresome other good fish to put in this tank with my 2 clown fish? thanks for all ur help

i was looking at a sunshine yellow goby would that be fine with the pistol shrimp?

i was just watching videos and reading up on the pistol shrimp and goby and how they work together. i like that idea for sure. i have 2 question that go with it one will the pistol shrimp mess with my clown fish and will he eat coral in my tank?

oh nice im thinking i may get a pistol shrimp and a yellow watchmen goby. what esle u think i could put in my tank if i have 2 clown and put a pistol shrimp and goby in a 30 gallon tank?

I also have a 28g with two clowns. I've had it for about 6 months now. I have really enjoyed my six line wrasse that I put in there and also my fire shrimp. I've also added two starfish, a flame scallop, some coco worms, and some corals. I recommend some yellowtail damsels. They are beautiful and CHEAP! :D

Easton33 said:
I also have a 28g with two clowns. I've had it for about 6 months now. I have really enjoyed my six line wrasse that I put in there and also my fire shrimp. I've also added two starfish, a flame scallop, some coco worms, and some corals. I recommend some yellowtail damsels. They are beautiful and CHEAP! :D

I would have to disagree with the damsels although some people have "tame" damsels for the most part they are little demon fish imo lol for their size you aren't gonna find a fish as territorial and aggressive. Plus if the day comes that you want to rid your tank of him be ready to re scape your tank haha

I hear damsels are not good friendly fish to put in a tank. That they will like to fight my clown fish. They don't fight ur clown fish?

Fish that I heard were iffy so I didn't even take a chance, purple dottyback, royal gramma, six line, damsels, kinda sucks cause they are all good looking fish that fit in 25-30 gallons
Supra

Place by me has a nice selection of damsels to. Like blak and whit strip and neon and all. If I would of done damsel I would of done a whole tank f them.

I have a star blenny. He has quite the personality and I love it!! Fire fish are also one of my favorites

Damsels can not be nice but it depends when you add them to your tank. They are great fish if you add them last to the tank :)

Back
Top Bottom