Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-27-2008, 07:32 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Newbie

the brown stuff is getting worse i first i thought it was dusty looking but now its more like a coating of some sort all levels are same no change and i have tiny air bubbles on the rock and sand

seanstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:13 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
The air bubbles is an indication of Cyanobacteria. This is feeding off excess nutrients in your system. You can get false readings when you test your water because the cyano is eating up the nitrates really fast and they don't show up on a test.

The best solution is to siphon out as much as you can while you do a PWC. Frequent PWCs is the best course of action against cyano and other forms of algaes. Don't fret it happens to all of us. After my upgrade and tank disaster I'm just now starting to get mine under control.

Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com