Need help removing an Aiptasia Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadSneak

Aquarium Advice Regular
What is the best way and safest way to remove an Aiptasia Anemone? Thanks!

ezy33 said:
IMO Joe's Juice and peppermint shrimp work together. Kill the big ones your self and let the peppermint shrimp get the small and hidden ones.

Do you if peppermint shrimp eat corals?

Peppermint shrimp should be fine with your corals. Never heard of anyone having trouble with the two together.

Apstasia eating File Fish! It will eat small and large apstAsias. It worked wonders in my tank.

Apstasia eating File Fish! It will eat small and large apstAsias. It worked wonders in my tank.

Very true, BUT they are also known to nip at corals as well. Friend of mine had one and it did decimate the aptasia in his tank, but then went after his polyps. be cautious.

Yea just finished doing some research on filefishes, and some ppl said that they exterminate the Aiptasia but that in some cases they go after small corals as well. Not all of them do, I guess it depends on the fish..

My LFS actually put filefish in their coral tanks to prevent outbreaks. I haven't seen any problems with them eating any corals yet.

Not always, and they have been known to munch on an occasional coral and some inverts also.
Just use something caustic: a lemon juice injection, Joes juice, Kalkwasser paste, vinegar injection, boiling water injection, etc.

I had a peppermint that ate my brain coral, I saw him doing it =/ but i dont think he was eating enough unfortunately

be sure you have peppermint shrimp and not camelback shrimp. camelbacks are not reef safe.

peppermint-

PeppermintShrimp512.jpg

I went to the LFS yesterday and bought two peppermint shrimps, let see how they do... Thank you all for the info!:)

Back
Top Bottom