need help w/ test results.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwtowmaster

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got some test results back today for my 150 gl. reef ph was 8.59, iron was0.20, copper was 0.08, d.o.was 4.0. now thats the one I was worried about does 4.0 seem low for(dissoved oxygen)I'v never delt w/ this test before

You say you got the results back. Did you have to send your water off some place?

copper was 0.08

Copper should not exist

Are you using tap water on your tank? If so have you had your tap water tested from this place? Can you get a sample of RO/DI water (if your using that) to be done to provide a basis of what quality water your adding to your tank.

there was copper in water from fish med.ran poly until stopped turning blue.sent water to lab to be tested.I posted where in forum yesterday. lab said they tested higher results of copper in tap water.I have well water .Just ordered ro/di this weekend sould be here thursday.

Copper was .08. What was the measurement? ppm...ppb? I wonder at what level the copper would be considered harmless? Or is even the slightest trace dangerous for the inverts?
Logan J

parts per milliion.Icould be getting that much from the tap .I think once I start water changes w/ ro/di Ill be all set w/the copper.then I have to figure out what to add, how much and when.I always keep a polyfilterinthe tank

Back
Top Bottom